sábado, 26 de mayo de 2012

Richard Ruskell
Learn the Secrets to Richard Ruskell's Topsy-Turvy Cake
By Richard Ruskell | Winner, "Last Cake Standing"
Construct a cake that has a fun look and is sure to impress. Hi, I'm Richard Ruskell, and in my new online Craftsy class, Topsy-Turvy Cake Construction, I teach all the calculations, techniques, and recipes you need to make your own version of my topsy-turvy cake, a whimsical tiered cake design that incorporates wide and narrow angles, as well as daring heights. To celebrate this exciting new class, Craftsy is offering it for $29.99; so sign up now!
Make a mind-bending, gravity-defying cake.
Make a mind-bending,
gravity-defying cake.
In Topsy-Turvy Cake Construction, learn to start with the basics. I will show you just how important an initial design is, and teach you how to do a sketch of your cake for the planning stage. The design of my topsy-turvy cake involves some geometry and physics, which really makes it a fun and interesting project. But don't worry: the math is easy, and I provide all the equations you need. Things like gravity and optimal temperature might seem hard, but you'll be calculating how to stack these cakes like a pro before you know it. Learn to spot the right places for wide and narrow angles, the perfect cake recipe for this kind of construction, and much more!
It all starts with the design.
It all starts with the design.
Once the cake is planned out, we'll move onto the fun part. I bet you never thought you'd be using power tools in your kitchen. Well, everything about this cake is just a little different, especially the construction. We'll work with a drill, a saw, boards, dowels, and more to build the structure and support system for each tier. I'll teach you where to use creative spacer angles and how to use these for support. Finally, learn to add finishing touches to your cake. The tone of a cake is totally determined by how it is decorated. Learn how to make your cake elegant, fun, or romantic based color choices and small details. Enroll in Topsy-Turvy Cake Construction now for $29.99!
Seamlessly cover cakes with fondant.
Seamlessly cover cakes with fondant.
The kitchen is where I feel most comfortable. My first job was a waiter/short order cook. When my career in theatre didn't work out, I went back to another love of mine: cooking. I attended the French Culinary Institute in New York, where I focused on my love for pastries. I began decorating cakes whenever I could, tempering chocolate in my free time, and making full gallons of ice cream in my own home. I was obsessed. I still am; and I'd like to think it's paid off. In fact, I have been named one of the 10 Best Pastry Chefs in America (twice now), as well as one of the 10 Best Cake Artists. I've also won more than anyone else on the Food Network. Now I am honored and so excited to be able to teach the methods I have fallen in love with over the years.
Richard Ruskell, the master of Topsy-Turvy Cakes.
Richard Ruskell, the master of Topsy-Turvy Cakes.
Even though Craftsy classes are online, they are fully interactive. That means you can ask me (and your classmates) questions as you go. It truly is like I'm right there in your kitchen! Your registration never expires, so you can watch this class whenever you want, however many times you want. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If you're not happy, Craftsy will refund your money, no questions asked.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario